Mission & Vision
King David High School is a pluralistic Jewish high school committed to:
- Creating academic excellence – by providing a challenging integrated dual curriculum and extra-curricular activities that inspire lifelong learning and empower each student to achieve his or her full potential
- Imparting Jewish values – by instilling an enduring understanding of and love for Torah, the Jewish people, the community and Eretz Israel
- Developing effective leaders – by teaching and inspiring individuals to be giving of themselves, both to the Jewish community and to the greater society in which they live
Our school nurtures a Jewish high school community characterized by a shared tradition, a common dedication to social justice and a love for learning. Our faculty teaches a rigorous dual curriculum in an environment where questions are as important as answers. We challenge our students to cultivate their talents according to their interests in the intellectual, artistic, spiritual and physical realms. We instill in our students a sense of identity with and responsibility to the State of Israel, the Jewish community and the greater community within which they reside. The King David High School community is a place where our Jewish teens enjoy an excellent education, feel valued, and form strong social bonds with their peers, in a safe and nurturing environment.
These goals are achieved by teaching students:
- Tikkun olam (repairing the world) – instilling values of justice as exemplified by giving of tzedakah and by gemilut chassadim (performing deeds of loving kindness);
- Ahavat Israel (love of Israel) – developing a deep connection to Torah, Israel, the Hebrew language and Jewish history; and
- Menschleichkeit (ethical conduct) – imparting ways to behave in a kindhearted respectful manner and to engage in responsible action.